Snowmobile New England’s Premier Trails
Pittsburg’s high elevations (about 2000 feet above sea level at Rt.3) means we have a more dependable snowfall than many other parts of New England. Add thousands of acres of protected forests and exciting nearby destinations in Maine, Vermont, and Quebec, and you’ve got regional hub for the sport.
All of our cabins have trail access. Browse our cabins here.
Tips to Plan Your Trip:
- Lakefront cabin guests have direct access to trail #139. Day Road cabin guests ride on trail #140
- Gas: Young’s General Store or Dorman’s Gas (both are south on trail #140) sells gas without ethanol.
- Registrations: Treats & Treasures (1/4 mile from lakeside cabins) Young’s General Store or online at NH Fish & Game. If you would like to ride in Maine or Vermont, you will need to register your sled in those states
- Repairs, parts, and gear: Granite State Power Equipment
- Join the Club: support the Pittsburg Ridge Runners by purchasing a trail map ($5 at our office), visiting the Warming Hut at Deer Mountain (serving homemade soup and hot drinks Saturdays 10-2) and becoming a member.
Recommended Trip: Pack a thermos full of hot coffee and ride to Diamond Ridge off of trail 143. It can get windy at the top (hence the hot drinks) but you’ll enjoy icy views of Magalloway and further on a clear day.
Snowmobile Rentals (from Trailside Rentals)
Trailside Rentals allows you to keep the sleds at your cabin overnight if you are renting for more than one day. Make reservations and inquire about group rates and midweek delivery by calling Trailside Rentals 603-538-5001 or visiting www.trailsiderentals.com.